Old December 12th 07, 07:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Robert M. Gary

Default AOPA reporting free GNSx30 WAAS software upgrade available

On Dec 11, 1:53 pm, "Peter R." wrote:
On 12/11/2007 11:17:13 AM, "Marco Leon" wrote:

OK, I had to read that again. I WAS mistaken. I misread the part about
"owners of the GNS 400W and 500W." I thought for a second I was going to
save $1,500 since I have yet to upgrade to WAAS...

Damn...

Ha, if only....

This software update is addressing a few bugs within the code that were
introduced by upgrading to WAAS; namely, the winds aloft calculator broke and
there were issues with replacing one approach with another in the flight
plan.

My 296 showed winds of 280 knots the other day. It has WAAS so I
wonder if I have the same bug.

-Robert