Old February 29th 08, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
LWG

Default Way off topic, but it has do to with rednecks

That's a possibility, but I don't see it that way. Your hypothesis suggests
that there is a master strategy on the part of the adversary. I think that
since 9/11 we have effectively neutralized OBL. We don't have his scalp,
but his C&C has been destroyed.

Did the attacks in Spain galvanize the people against Radislam? Did the 7/7
attacks unite the British people in support of Blair? Which countries in
Europe are truly helping us in the fight against Radislam?

I think they would have done as much to us as they possibly could. The
bipartisan agreement between the D's and R's after 9/11 lasted a few months.
What did they have to lose by attacking again? My thesis is that Radislam
views us as weak, cowardly and vulnerable. An attack -- any attack -- would
have supported their view.

One thing I've always found interesting when someone puts out the "we
haven't been attacked since" card is that no one in the national media to
my knowledge anyway, has even come close to suggesting something so basic
to common sense that it defies explanation.

Anyone with half a strategic brain has to at least consider the fact that
the reason could very well be that they don't WANT to attack us again...at
least not yet.