Old January 24th 04, 05:12 AM
Denyav

No mention of atomic bombs, brief mention of an incomplete reactor.

Each book or Newspaper article usually emphasizes only one aspect or one event
in history of nuclear weapon development,you have to read all of them digest
information and need find new sources to complete the puzzle.
For example "critical mass" contains very good (but not full) info about U234
and her cargo.
So we learned that cargo of U234 contains more than 500kgs "enriched" weapon
grade uranium U235,not U238 or unenriched U235,as the spin doctors of Leslie
Groove wanted to make us believe.

Then next question is: how Germans produced over 500k weapon grade uranium in
44/45 ? with incomplete reactors,faulty centrifuges and incompetent scientist?

I think Eisenhower was right,a couple of months delay in occupation of Germany
would surely mean the greatest disaster mankind ever seen.