Old June 3rd 13, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default Brave Sir Robin

On Monday, June 3, 2013 10:15:43 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Monday, June 3, 2013 11:49:47 AM UTC-4, wrote:

While this first post is pretty mean-spirited, I have been shocked that no one has been talking about this. A very widely known glider pilot crashes at the top of a mountain and walks away is very big news indeed. Why the radio silence?

With his posting on soaring cafe I don't believe it is too soon to start talking about it now...he lived!!! I am thrilled to hear Frank is ok. When I heard from a friend down at the event about it right after it happened and then knowing that Frank was still up on the mountain - I actually got a little emotional thinking a fellow pilot was possibly in harm's way.

There is a lot to be learned by this incident and look forward to getting more info to hopefully help the rest of us be safer flying around rocks. Glad you are ok Frank.

Bruno - B4

i too think the original post was in EXTREMELY poor taste, and am releaved that frank is ok. i myself was worried about the guy i have always consider to be friendly, nice, and willing to help.

if frank is wiling to write about the events, he is free to do so, but in the meantime, i think we should all simply say thank god he wasn't hurt and leave the discussion at that.

Yep in bad taste, immature and just stupid.

The only thing that matters right now is that Frank is OK.

Darryl