Old May 25th 17, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mitch Deutsch[_2_]

Default Cordele Showers?

On Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at 4:44:49 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Not referring to the inevitable thundershowers. I'm entered in the Std.. Class Nats next month and considering van camping again. I've flown there many times since 1971 and there's never been an on-airport shower available. Any change?

Alternatives? I know about the camping out at Lake Blackshear but that's a drive. Another entrant has offered the use of his hotel room shower but I hate to impose every day for nearly two weeks. And a shower at least once a day in Cordele is a necessity, not a luxury.

Thx.
Chip Bearden

Chip

Unfortunately there are no showers at the Cordele Airport. The Flying J truck stop is just east of I-75 on the Cordele's main street, 16th Avenue. It is less than a 10 minute drive from the airport and is about 2 two miles away.