Old April 3rd 18, 01:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ND

Default Ventus 2 compared to Discus besides the obvious

On Monday, April 2, 2018 at 11:19:16 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I know the Ventus 2 is flapped and Discus is not. I am talking about ease of handling that the Discus is known for. Is the Ventus 2 with its wing design change similar to the Discus or more like its predecessor to fly. The Ventus A/B do not receive the greatest reviews for pleasure flying. What do you who have flown them think.

Dino

ventus 2 flies, handles, and lands beautifully. i had the pleasure of borrowing one for a month, including a regional and really loved it! fastest roll rate i ever had flying gliders

i've not flown a ventus B but from what i understand the handling and control feel just aren't nearly as nice. but they're fine gliders.