Old April 3rd 18, 10:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Ventus 2 compared to Discus besides the obvious

On Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at 1:59:34 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Thanks for the replies. I am a newer pilot who has done most all my training in glass, all glass in the last 40 or so hours. I also have 110 hours power as well. I have access to Junior 51's, LS4's at the club I belong to. We also have a Duo and ASK21's. I want a ship I will not have to trade up for some time which either ship will provide. I am not locked on a V2 or D2 but for bang for buck the V2 seems to be the deal. After my first dual cross country I was hooked and flying the local 50km circuits several times per flight has enhanced that desire for cross country. I have talked with one of our instructors who also does examination flights who said I could transition from a LS4 into the V2. I just don't want to fly the "balanced on a razor blade" flying. Thanks again.

Dino

Either one. More important is the quality of the ship being offered for sale and a trailer that encourages assembly/disassembly, such as a cobra. Most people under-appreciate the value of a good trailer when it comes to the day of flying and the ease or torture that comes with a good/bad trailer. Personally, I'd go for the V2. Disregard talk about complexity of flaps. They are a non issue. Go for a good total package.