Old January 23rd 10, 04:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default Compass Correction Card

On Jan 22, 8:27*pm, Andy wrote:

I think you are all missing the point.

If no compass is required there cannot be a requirement for a
correction card.

Andy

In the world of Federal Aviation Regulations the compass is called a
"magnetic direction indicator" and the compass correction card is a
"placard". Try a search of all the regulations (www.landings.com) and
try to find one regulation related to the installation of a magnetic
direction indicator in a "glider" or an "aircraft" - I found none!
All the regulatory requirements are specific to airplanes, rotorcraft,
or certain airships.

Anyone who finds one related to gliders please let me know. Otherwise
celebrate your freedom by burning your correction cards.

Andy