Old March 14th 06, 12:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Cirrus vs ASW

At 08:18 14 March 2006, Michel Talon wrote:
Derek Copeland wrote:

I personally think the things ought to be scrapped
after 100 hours! A Standard Cirrus is much preferable,
giving very similar performance, but with decent German
manufacturing standards ^^^^^^^^^^^^

I see that you are posting from UK! Do you remember
that Joan of Arc was living 6 hundred years and Napoleon
2 hundred years ago? You can spare us this bull****.

has nice, light, responsive handling, climbs well
in
small thermals

So does the Pegase.

and has a big and comfortable cockpit.

This is the only thing true in your rant.

Other than that, it is a brilliant and relatively
cheap
soaring club class glider and I don't think there
is
anything to beat it for the money.

Other than that it has killed a fair number of pilots.

--

Michel TALON

Michel,

Derek Piggott describes the Pegase in his 'Help with
Chosing Your Next Glider' as follows:

Gereral handling - 5 out of 5.
Stalling characteristics - 4/5
Cockpit size - 4/5
Rigging & ground handling - average.

Comment - 'Very nice in all respects. Similar in performance
to ASW-19 but more feel to ailerons.

I wanted to buy one at one time but could not find
one in good enough condition.
Bought a Standard Jantar-3 instead - and am very satisfied
- other than with the wheel brake.

Owned an Open Cirrus for years - lovely to fly - pig
to rig.

Flew a club D75 Cirrus - now that really was a pig
!

Vive la Difference !

Bald Pilot.

UK.