Old September 1st 05, 01:43 AM
Peter R.

john smith wrote:

I noted from the footage that most had not missed many meals.

You really shouldn't get all of your post-secondary education from the
evening news.

When I was sixteen I worked at a grocery store on the fringe of a poor
section of a city. There were a lot of welfare recipients who shopped at
this store to buy their weekly groceries.

I witnessed many of these folks spending US gov't money on very poor food
choices. Couple that with the fact that most of these folks get absolutely
zero exercise and it doesn't take a superb imagination to understand why
many look the way they do.

--
Peter