Old October 23rd 05, 02:34 PM
Kyle Boatright

Default Landing Lights at NAPA

"Mike Spera" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I wonder if the markup was really at the retail end or just cumulative
along the line. Once the "airplane" pedigree is attached, everyone appears
to have a license to steal in the name of "liability". Then again, the
"lottery" mentality of many might lead me in the same direction.

Mike

The problem all aviation parts/supply sellers face is that the aviation
market doesn't support much sales volume. So, to stay in business, those
retailers charge larger markups than many other retailers. The less stuff
we buy from aviation sources, the worse this low volume/high price spiral
becomes. It's a Catch-22..

KB