Old November 8th 03, 06:36 AM
Greg Goodknight

"ArtP" wrote in message
On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 20:45:57 -0800, wrote:

Take a look at the ILS to RWY 24 and (K)CRQ

This is where I saw the missed. It is not a good example as the missed
takes you out over the ocean and in fact either way you look at it, it
would be safe.

I would climb to 3000 then I would do the turn. If they wanted you to
turn before you reached 3000 they would have specified a climbing turn
or do what they did below (specify an altitude straight ahead and then
a climbing turn). When they specify a climb altitude before the turn,
you are expected to be at that altitude before you start the turn.

Assuming you are in radar contact (and that is a very good bet) if you
followed your own advice you would get a call from ATC asking you what
you're doing. The missed says to climb to 3000' via a specified route
consisting of a heading and a radial to intercept. If you are intercepting a
radial, a turn is implied.

-Greg