Old March 25th 11, 11:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brianDG303[_2_]

Default Checklist formats

On Mar 25, 1:48*pm, "Matt Herron Jr." wrote:
On Mar 25, 10:46*am, Craig wrote:

On Mar 25, 10:03*am, "Matt Herron Jr." wrote:

On Mar 23, 9:21*am, brianDG303 wrote:

I find my checklist is expanding, and there are some people who have a
sort of 'flip book' attached to the top of the glareshield and I was
wondering if someone could share some details. *Other ideas also very
welcome,

Brian

Kempton Izuno first showed me the flipbook style checklist in his
cockpit. *It was large and readable, positioned right in front of the
pilot. *There were multiple lists for landing, takeoff, cross country,
etc. *Most importantly, it flipped completely out of the way when not
needed.

I planned to write a little article for Soaring on how to do this, but
never got around to it. *Your request inspired me to dig out the
photos of how to make a flipbook checklist and throw them on a website
to share. *Please visit:

http://web.me.com/glideplan/Glider_Checklist_Flip_Book

Comments and suggestions can be left below the images if you double
click on them, or here, if you prefer. *Feedback encouraged.

Matt Jr.

Thanks Matt,

Could we talk you into adding the text for each of your checklist
pages? *If you'd rather not provide grist for the RAS mill, a pm would
be fine.

Craig

sure.

Usual disclaimer: *This info is for your entertainment, and likely not
suitable for your glider or your particular needs.

Pre-flight

1. * * *Assembly and airframe OK
2. * * *Wings taped and clean
3. * * *Ballast, water, balance OK
4. * * *Parachute
5. * * *Seat, belts & pedals adjusted
6. * * *Batteries in, GPS on
7. * * *PC, waypoints, declare
8. * * *Radio check, X-ponder, ELT on
9. * * *Water, hat, sunscreen
10. * * Maps, food, barf bags, O2
11. * * Positive control check
12. * * Final walk around

Take-off

1. * * *Tail dolly, Ballast
2. * * *Belts secure
3. * * *Flaps to (-1)
4. * * *Controls free, Trim set
5. * * *Altimeter set
6. * * *Radio freq & vol
7. * * *Towrope OK
8. * * *Canopy locked, Vents
9. * * *Wind
10. * * Emergency plans
11. * * Traffic
12. * * Spoilers

Landing

1. * * *Water Ballast?
2. * * *Radio: Pos.-Alt.-Intent
3. * * *Wind (radio airfield?)
4. * * *Traffic
5. * * *Gear down, locked
6. * * *Radio: pattern entry
7. * * *Flaps to (L or +2)
8. * * *Airspeed trimmed
9. * * *Spoilers

Cross Country/Wave

1. * * *Water Ballast
2. * * *Landout kit and cell phone
3. * * *Ground crew arrangements
4. * * *Appropriate clothing
5. * * *Test oxygen
6. * * *Check weather
7. * * *Maps and navigation
8. * * *Food, water, cash
9. * * *Relief system
10. * * Task declaration
11. * * Wave window

Thank you Matt, Eric Greenwell also sent me the original Kempton
format and now I everything I need. An item I will add: TE PROBE
INSTALLED. I forget every 100 flights or so.