Old June 24th 20, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default GP 15 Jeta

MNLou wrote on 6/23/2020 11:47 AM:
I am absolutely not trying to throw stones but a bigger prop, different motor (lower RPM) and a bigger rudder (all mentioned in another thread as being recent changes) do not appear to be minor changes.

Would someone please shed some light as to why these were changed now?

The news from the factory did not mention the reasons, but the usual reasons for a
bigger prop are to increase prop efficiency and accept more power from the motor.
The increased torque the lower rpm motor provides may increase the P-factor,
making a larger rudder worthwhile. But, as I noted, the factory did not elaborate.