Old September 26th 06, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BTIZ

Default How to Share a Flight Recorder in a Club?

Paul.. will the 302A drive a PDA in-flight with moving map?
BT

"Paul Remde" wrote in message
Hi,

He's not talking about a 302, it's a 302A which is a GPS flight recorder
only. There is no need to enter polar data as there is no speed to fly
director.

I use a 302A in club ships often.

I use my PDA to enter the pilot name and glider ID.

Paul Remde

wrote in message
ups.com...
Mark Dickson wrote:
I would have thought the 302 was the worst choice of
FR for swapping between gliders as it's panel mounted.

At 16:12 23 September 2006, Contestid67 wrote:
Our club has recently purchased an electronic flight
recorder
(Cambridge 302) to be used by the membership in the
various club ships.

Thanks, John

Horrible choice. I'm flying with 302 for a number of years and
love it. But if I had to do swapping between two or more gliders, well,
my preference would be a.... Barograph.
The entry of the pilot name would be the least of my worry. The
conections of electrical systems and all pneumatics will have to be
unified in all concern gliders. My suggestion would be to colour code
all conections in all used gliders in the uniform way (like the
conections in my computer). Also remember to change 302's polar file
for different gliders.
Good lack, Richard K.