Old May 12th 04, 03:55 AM
Dave S

As a person who would recieve such well intentioned calls (in general,
as a health professional)...

I would respectfully ask that you NOT call the hospital and inquire.
Send cards, send letters... but the vast majority of health care
personnel are not going to release anything further than "stable" or
"fair" (and sometimes not even that) to a casual caller. What it WILL do
is take the staff away from the patients, including Col Morgan. The
staff have enough to do as it is. I have dealt with "well loved"
individuals as patients before, and its very difficult to have to take a
flurry of phone calls from people I LEGALLY cant give any real
information to, while Im trying to balance care for all of the patients
I am responsible for.

I'm sure Mrs Morgan would appreciate you not trying to get passed on in
to the room, unless you already have a personal relationship with them
already. She has enough to deal with as it is.

Dave, RN, Paramedic.

jls wrote:
Col. Morgan is in Room E-364, Mission Hospital, 509 Biltmore Ave.,
Asheville, NC 28801. You can inquire about his condition by calling
Mission Hospital at 828/213-1050.