Old September 11th 04, 02:52 AM
Stan Kap

Scott,

I watched a guy at an airport one time that took a 55 gal drum cut off both
ends then set it over the spot on the floor where the oil was, he then
poured some fuel on the stain inside the perimeter of the drum and set it on
fire. It burned away the oil stain completely. Later he epoxied the entire
hangar. It was a big hangar too, about 150 x 200 for King Airs and the
Citations.

Stan Kapushinski

"Scott" wrote in message
I'm looking to find some product that can remove oil stains from
concrete so that paint will stick. My shop used to be used by a car
mechanic and now that I build airplanes in it, I'd like to paint the
floor a very light gray or off-white. I don't think that just using
"Gunk" will remove it enough to get the paint to stick. Maybe some sort
of epoxy-like sealer first? Any ideas?

--
Scott
http://corbenflyer.tripod.com/