Old October 12th 11, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Herbert kilian

Default Paint Question

On Oct 12, 8:21*am, JJ Sinclair wrote:
On Oct 11, 6:05*pm, vontresc wrote:

I was researching what paint was on my Ka-6, and the last entry
regarding the paint on the fuse say that they used "KOMAC Epoxy Gloss
White" (back in '67). Does anyone know anything about the manufacturer
and what can be used to remove this paint from the fuse?

Thanks

Peter

I wouldn't try any kind of paint remover on a wood ship, most contain
acid which can soak into the wood. Best to use good old fashioned
elbow-grease.
JJ

I remember back in Germany we used paint remover in form of a paste to
get the paint and old cotton off. Worked pretty well except this was
done in Winter in an overheated work shop and the fumes had us all
walking around like zombies. Must have killed millions of brain cells
which would explain my poor memory and other functional problems.
Peter, I'll inquire with my friends back at the German club and let
you know what they recommend. They still keep their '72 Ka6-E in
pristine condition. It was one of the last batch of 10 Ka6's that
Schleicher made.
Herb