Old March 15th 05, 05:28 AM
David R.

Yep, we had this discussion just the other day and I was starting to think
that I was going to change from my constant flow system to the EDS.

This thread has caused me to decide to keep my current system.

Oxygen is relatively cheap at my field, my bottle is good sized and the
whole battery issue is a non-starter.

Thanks to all for all of your infomation, you saved me several hundred
dollars.

dave r.
"Bill Daniels" wrote in message
news
I have an EDS on order and have been reading the manual available from
their
web site. It says "USE 9V ALKALINE BATTERY ONLY" in caps for emphasis.
They then go on to say that you can also use and external battery of any
type you choose.

OK, so what would be wrong with using a 9V lithium smoke detector battery
that lasts 5 times longer than an alkaline? I use one of these as a
backup
on my Borgelt B40 and I've never had to replace it.

Yep, I'm gonna ask Mountain High too.

Bill Daniels