Old October 13th 05, 08:35 PM
RK Henry

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:54:18 -0500, Kevin Kubiak
wrote:

The general manager said I will be reimbursed for the repair, but was curious
about the flat. I was too since the tire looked to be relatively new.
In fact it was only replaced 2 weeks prior. The problem apparently was that
some of the steel cord must have popped up through the tires sidewall and
punctured the tub. If you rub your hand over the inside you can feel the steel
wire protruding through the sidewall.

I didn't know anyone made steel cord tires for aircraft, at least not
for aircraft that I'm likely to fly. All the tires I've seen are nylon
bias-ply tires. The only steel is the tire bead.

Could the steel cord be foreign object damage? In that case, lucky you
picked it up in the tire and not in the prop.

RK Henry