Old August 30th 07, 03:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
The Visitor[_2_]

Default IO-540 mystery

Well put and true. I was. My experience is with Continentals. I didn't
realize the extent of the differences.

John

John Kunkel wrote:

Many of the replies here are confusing the operation of the Continental fuel
injection with the Bendix system on the Lyc. The delivery fuel pressure and
flow rate in the Bendix system is controlled by the servo unit, no external
regulators or fuel return to tank. The servo measures the impact of the
entering air and adjusts the fuel flow rate accordingly.

An idle speed a little higher than normal might stop the dying on rollout
and a slightly richer idle mixture might help dissipate vapor that could be
forming in the heat of the day.