Old September 15th 10, 10:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Alex Potter

Default Future Club Training Gliders

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 22:30:49 -0700, Grider Pirate wrote:

I am really curious. How many of you got into soaring with no prior
interest in flying? I wanted to fly since I was about 4 years old. When
I was 47, I finally got the chance, and almost all my lessons were in a
2-33. Frankly I don't think it would have mattered to me WHAT the club
had to fly. I just wanted to be in the air.

Sounds like me. I soloed two weeks after my 50th birthday. I flew a few
different types of aircraft before then, but, after the duo-discus, I
much preferred the Puchacz.

I didn't like flying the type that wouldn't spin - was that the ASK 21?

--
Alex