Old March 30th 04, 08:10 PM

I don't know about actually paying more to put one in, but in my Cherokee,
it's slightly nice to have. I usually leave it set to IAS (non-corrected), but once
in awhile when I'm bored at 9000', I'll check to see how much headwind I'm fighting
between the TAS and GPS readouts....

I've got good eyes, and for some reason, it *is* a bit awkward to set the
temp/p-alt in a TAS indicator. Just a weird combination of numbers, I guess.

-Cory

In rec.aviation.owning Jay Honeck wrote:
: I've always had a TAS ASI, and I've never had a problem setting it
: correctly. Are you guy sure you don't need you glasses prescription
: tweaked a little?

: I've always had one, too. In over 800 hours (plus another 400 with Mary as
: PIC) I've never set it.

: Not even once.

: It is a waste of money. Not a LOT of money, in aviation terms, but still.
: --
: Jay Honeck
: Iowa City, IA
: Pathfinder N56993