Old March 30th 04, 11:46 PM
Aaron Coolidge

In rec.aviation.owning wrote:
: I've got good eyes, and for some reason, it *is* a bit awkward to set the
: temp/p-alt in a TAS indicator. Just a weird combination of numbers, I guess.

: -Cory

Try adjusting one in a Mooney. Instead of 0-10,000 ft it goes 0-18,000 ft
in the same size window. Oh, yeah, the airspeed goes to 240kts also, so
all the numbers are really small. Luckily, this Mooney has a Garmin 530
and an air-data computer, so all you have to do is hit "AUX".

PS, I do use the "Piper Truspeed" indicator in my plane all the time. I
know what TAS I should have, when adjusted for temp & altitude. If it
varies, there's something wrong.
--
Aaron Coolidge