Old February 5th 16, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Auto-Towing - why is this not more popular?

That's what they get for hot rodding the engine I guess

My first auto tows were behind an early 90's Dodge Caravan. It had about 300000 miles. Then a few behind Steve Leonard's stalker van also very high mileage. Next up we used my dear Ol Blue V6 GMC pickup. It was in the middle of a not yet diagnosed head gasket failure and simply put running like crap with very low power output. Ol Blue was also north of 300k miles.

Recently we've used my Subaru Outback 3.6L, a relatively new Ford F-150, and a Ford SUV of some sort.