Old January 12th 20, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Wintertime and navigation...

On Sun, 12 Jan 2020 10:38:42 -0700, BobW wrote:

Some years later I'd transplanted myself to that part of flyover
country, flown my first 'real contest' from the old Black Forest...and
used Punkin Center as a turn point for my first 300K triangle (Black
Forest Gliderport's sadistic contest dogs declared it as a turnpoint -
*again* !!!).

For giggles, I asked Google Earth to show me Punkin Center.
Turns out it knows about two Punkin Centers, one in AZ and the other in
CO. Since the CO one has three sets of farm buildings around the junction
of two N-S / E-W blacktop roads, out on the middle of nowhere. I guess
that must be it.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org