Old April 15th 05, 03:46 PM
Matt Barrow

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:mrP7e.17987$GJ.17055@attbi_s71...
It's "C'est la vie" - and if you think that, you don't know the French
well at all. They are famous for shutting down the country if they don't
get what they want.

So, to sum up, what you're saying is that the French people simply don't
value general aviation enough not to tax it out of existence?

I only feel bad for the common men who gaze skyward, fruitlessly.

What
shame.

Generally, they don't. They just fly planes that burn less fuel.

They would have to fly a plane that burned less than half the gas of a
Cessna 152 for French students to be on even keel with their American
counterparts. I'm not sure I know of any certified trainers that burn

just
2 - 4 gallons per hour?

And the fact that France is about 600 miles across it's longest
girth...about from Denver to Kansas City. Just not that far to go.