Old August 15th 19, 09:25 AM
Ventus_a Ventus_a is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
For simple long pleasure flights in the western US or for the rare flights in the Alps would I notice any real PRACTICAL difference between a Discus 2c and other flapped 18m ships? I have NO interest in competition. Thanks
"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
I have about 500 hours in a D2C (18m). And a number of 18m flapped gliders since. The D2C is a beautiful sailplane to fly and very competitive. If you fly under 100kts it gives very little away to a V2cx.
I had no problems towing full of water or landing short. Very docile handling.
AND it will easily out-climb a Libelle.
I highly recommend it for your type of flying.

Brett
Brett has flown national comps in Omarama NZ in his D2c when he had it and was very competitive in 18m flying wave tasks, winning a day here and there.

He's now flying a JS3 via a JS1 and has been to the worlds. I respect his opinion and my own experience of flying against the D2c in my Ventus a and Nimbus 3D leaves me in no doubt that it would deliver in the circumstances you describe

:-) Colin

Last edited by Ventus_a : August 15th 19 at 09:30 AM.