Old August 16th 19, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

Default Flaps/No flaps...practical difference??

On Friday, August 16, 2019 at 9:24:25 AM UTC-7, krasw wrote:
Having flown a lot both ASW20 and D2, I would not try to land one glider in a place I would not land the other as well.

Ditto - ASW20, Discus 2 and Ventus 2bx experience under my belt. I have never felt there was a place I could land one of the flapped ships and not the D2.

(although the "Jesus" flap setting of the earlier ASW 20s was interesting!)

Mike