Old March 6th 09, 05:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,uk.rec.motorcycles
Catman

Default Hyabusa flat 8

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
drugs began to take hold. I remember Catman
saying something like:

bildan wrote:
snip
Keep in mind how the motorcycle works. The bike has a 6-speed gearbox
whereas the airplane engine would have only one. The standard sport
bike shift technique, approved by the factory, is to apply a large
force to the shift lever and then tap the clutch lever when the rider
wants to shift.

I don't think it is, you know. ISTBC of course.

Some people just like rebuilding gearboxes.

I must confess I'm not massively keen on it. I tend to stick with the
'pull clutch, change gear, release clutch' technique. Unless I'm doing
clutchless upshift, of course.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 145 2.0 Cloverleaf 156 V6 2.5 S2
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk