Old February 20th 04, 05:19 AM
John Keeney

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
link.net...

"John Keeney" wrote in message

Way back when Wings was on the Discovery channel instead of
being a channel (that I don't get) they had one episode that was
basicly the P-47 in the PTO. That episode had a fair amount of
footage showing Jugs being catapulted off a carrier.

Are you sure they were catapulted and not simply flown off?

What I saw, they used a catapult. They showed a fair amount
of footage hooking them up and talked about the rate they
launched them; I don't recall the number but I was impressed
and though it compared favorably with modern carrier ops.