Old May 9th 04, 05:27 AM

In article , Alan
Horowitz writes
ET onboard a ship. Have decided after time to have own tools. Got
them packed into one of those larger wheel-around, pull-the-handle-out
check-in hard-shell Samsonites. Ends up being a bit heavy, cause of
tool junkie genetic coding.

Works great..... except when have to go up or down ladderwells
("stairs", to you land pukes)

Better approach?

Get the bosun to carry your tools or help you carry your tools.
Webbing strop and ships winch.
Check out each job before starting and take less tools in a smaller
case.
Keep your own tools at home if the shipping company supplies tools and
use your own tools for homers when off tour.
See about your addiction. :-)

I managed a whole week once with a pinching driver!
I am a professed tool junkie as well but my van has no organisation aids
in it so there are tools and materials stuffed in the back of it so much
I can't find the tools I need.

Remove all Zeds in e-mail address to reply.