Old December 10th 03, 02:10 PM
Jay Honeck

You are correct, the AvMap is truly awesome. But I found it too big to
suite
me. I fondled it at the Expo also. I got drool all over it.

I don't think it will fit on my yoke real well

Here is a picture of my AvMap mounted on my yoke:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?V3EF424C6

As you can see, it fits perfectly, and does not block any of the "Sacred
Six" instruments. I believe the yoke in my Pathfinder is the same as yours,
no?

I wouldn't wear it on my knee because of the heat it generates, and because
of the unnatural feeling of having to look down at my knees for critical
information. (Same reason I discarded my knee-board years ago.)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
"Jerald Malin" wrote in message
ink.net...
Jay:

, and I can't really strap it
to my leg and still scribble down clearances. I do like that color display
though. It is gangbusters.

You are right about Lowrance, they never were particularly on time with
their promised goodies.

I am putting color LCD displays in IR Thermal Imaging cameras at work.

They
run less than $60 in small quantities. I sure don't understand why they

are
not more common. TFT LCD Technology is pretty common. I can't wait for the
OLED technology to come out with larger displays. They are awesome.

Now if somebody can come up with a 5" diag color GPS mounted on your yoke

in
landscape mode, that would be the ticket.

Jerry Malin
Warrior N82045

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
My only regret is they didn't have the screen in color. Watch, I will

buy
one, and they will announce a color screen.

Unlikely. Lowrance told me they were "just about" to introduce a color
GPS -- at OSH '99!

Want color? Get the AvMap... http://www.avmap.it/ It's awesome!
--
Jay Honeck