Old June 1st 21, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default Oudie/Flarm alarm from my own ADS-B/Transponder

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 9:35:09 AM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
I agree with Dan about the insane ranges. I recall Paul recommended it only for testing, otherwise you will get alert for every airliner at cruising altitude. However I doubt this is related to the false alarms. Is your mode S ID set correctly in the flarm config?

Ramy
On Monday, May 31, 2021 at 1:56:49 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sunday, May 30, 2021 at 9:10:29 PM UTC-5, Guy Acheson wrote:
Many of us depend upon configuration advice provided by the vendors.
I buy my stuff from Paul Remde (Cumulus Soaring).
Does anyone have concerns with how Paul advises to set-up the Flarm?

Guy,

Paul has been very helpful to us on several problems. I set up the FLARM per his instructions, and also the transponder that we bought from him (Trig TT22 with TN72 GPS). Of course I might have missed something...

Rich L.

I am having the same issues: Flarm and transponder see each other as enemies. This is my config file:
$PFLAC,S,DEF
$PFLAC,S,ID,A2CEDC
$PFLAC,S,ACFT,1
$PFLAC,S,NMEAOUT1,41