Old July 4th 18, 06:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default NZ Glider Hangar Question

On Wed, 04 Jul 2018 10:06:29 -0700, Frank Whiteley wrote:

On Wednesday, July 4, 2018 at 3:17:45 AM UTC-6,
wrote:
Some of you have seen or read about the unique and clever hangar design
at Omarama in NZ. On a visit more than a few years ago I examined them.
And later I think I saw an article and/or pictures but can’t remember
where. As a long retired Structural engineer, I promised to help a
prominent eastern club to suggest future hangar designs for a
forthcoming possible expansion. Can anyone suggest who I should contact
or where I should look to get more info on the NZ hangars?

I and the Club thank you!

Ed Byars

Might be some hints in this RAS thread
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ng/mQh3SnqSuO0

That looks like the fist private members hangar at Portmoak, so if that's
the type of hangar you want, go he

https://scottishglidingcentre.co.uk/

and scroll down for contact details.

--