Old April 1st 04, 06:34 PM
Andreas Maurer

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 07:58:46 -0800, Eric Greenwell
wrote:

Though it was certainly not a "modern racing ship" my old Lark IS28 would go
neutral pitch stability at about 90 knots and become very nose heavy above
that even with negative flaps.

This behaviour of a neutrally instable aircraft is typical for a CG
that is out of range.

Was that a common experience, or just your particular IS28? I'm
wondering if there might be a rigging error. None of the gliders I've
owned has exhibited that; in fact, all of them ran out (or required
nearly full) of forward trim nearing Vne.

Just like you I also have never flown an aircraft that did not hve
positive pitch stability.

Bye
Andreas