Old April 2nd 04, 12:31 AM
Arnold Pieper

You're affraid of something that

"Todd Pattist" wrote in message
"Arnold Pieper" wrote:

Don't be affraid to open the airbrakes at high speed, believe me, the
manufacturer is just a little smarter than that.

I'm not afraid to open them at high speed, I'm afraid to
lower the G-limit when I need G-s to recover. I've seen too
many accident reports where structural failure was
attributed to overstressing with the brakes open.

You have to be careful at high speed just because they tend to jump out

more
easily, so, have a firm hand on it.

Real aerobatic training (as opposed to some occasional loops) will

clarify a
lot of this.

Although it's been long time, my training was by a national
glider aerobatic champion.

Todd Pattist - "WH" Ventus C
(Remove DONTSPAMME from address to email reply.)