Old October 22nd 03, 12:09 AM
vincent p. norris

......as a pilot, you wouldn't necessarily go to an attache job until you either (a) elect to or
(b) are forced into a "twilight" tour. Other than that, most pilots *try*
to stay in the cockpit because they love to fly, the the really good ones,
never leave the cockpit.

When I was in the marines, way back in the 1950s, an enlisted pilot in
my squadron, M.Sgt Benny Phipps, had done a tour as a pilot at an
embassy in Europe--I forget which one. He flew the ambassador around.

But you have to keep in mind that only an infinitessimal percentage of
pilots will get such duty.

vince norris