Old November 16th 07, 01:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.student, rec.aviation.piloting
es330td

Default Are there any "pilot" watches that are actually helpful for pilots?

I am in the market for a new watch and thought that if I am going to
be a pilot I would see if there was something that I could use to
assist me in flying. My first thought was that something that was
Indiglo with larger numbers so I could see it easily at night would be
good as would one with two time zones so I can have one set to Zulu
and one to local. A countdown timer and stopwatch might come in
handy.

I went looking on the 'Net and found watches with compasses and
altimeters and even an E6-B but I question the value of those. If I
am ever in a situation where my altimeter, gyro, wet compass and both
GPS units , one a battery powered 96C, that show me heading and
altitude in the plane have failed I should lose my license for not
putting down long before I have to rely on a compass or altimeter in a
wris****ch.

For the people who have flown, have any of you found a watch with any
special features that actually helped you in performing your piloting
tasks?

Thanks