Old January 14th 05, 01:43 PM
jsmith

Want to break their excessive speed habits?
Take them to a 1000 - 1500 grass strip and watch how long it takes them
to learn that their choices are slow down or crash long.

wrote:
The biggest flaw I have seen in modern pilots is speed control and
right behind that is not knowing how to use rudder/aileron coordination
for landings. It continually amazes me at the lack of skill or even
knowledge of CFI's when it comes to slips with any degree of accuracy.
It all seems to be very pedantic with little or no pilot skills
involved. I am continually reminded of that when I fly with pilots who
have gotten their certificates in the past 15 years or so.