Old July 21st 03, 06:30 PM
Gordon

LOL. We *do* appreciate people who make an small effort to speak french,
even if it turns out real bad. 80% of the people here understand minimal
english, but you'll probably be treated better if you give a shot at it in
french.
Call it arrogance if you want, I lack the objectivity to judge it....

Sounds like you are right to me. Its the same (pretty much) everywhere - folks
who don't even attempt so much as a local greeting, no matter how mangled, are
usually seen to be aloof or some other negative trait. Better to apologize for
a small embarrassment on your own part than to have the people you are visiting
start with a negative impression of you.

v/r
Gordon
USN SAR Aircrew

"Got anything on your radar, SENSO?"