Old January 10th 10, 06:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default Global Warming/Climate Change (was contrails)

Doug Hoffman wrote:
Al Gore currently owns several rather large houses. Presumably they
are equipped with air conditioning, heating, lights, large screen TVs,
pool heaters, and so forth. But he says that's OK because he is (or
would) pay an offsetting "carbon credit tax" which I gather would go
towards reforestation or something equivalent. Is that like buying
your way into heaven? Gore would be much more credible, at least to
me, if he were to *both* downsize/mostly eliminate his energy-hogging
abodes and also contribute funds for reforestation etc. He certainly
has the money to do the latter. Meanwhile I watch what he does, not
what he says, and find his credibility on GCC to be questionable.

Doug, Gore's home is also his office, and his wife's office, so it's not
just a large home. It's been heavily weatherized, solar panels are in
place or on the way, and so on. Check he

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/gorehome.asp

More to the point, he has earned tens of millions with his books, movie,
and clean energy investments, and all this money is put into the
nonprofit Alliance for Climate Protection to fight climate change.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA