Old May 7th 10, 06:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Near mishap today

On May 7, 12:00*pm, a wrote:

Here's a question for the aviators among us. How long do you take to
go from idle to take-off power when you're "position and hold" to
"cleared for immediate"? As I sit here and think about it, I'm
guessing it takes me a slow count to 5 to get to full throttle, and
that is assuming RPMs follow throttle position pretty closely.

Pretty much same here, on the ground, I just don't see the need
jamming the throttle forward. Steady forward pressure is all I do and
it's about 5 seconds when I am at full throttle.

I accelerate the same whether it's position to hold or cleared for
immediate. Only difference is I just get off the brakes faster for
cleared for immediate.