Old May 25th 17, 09:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Don Johnstone[_4_]

Default Letter to the FAA

At 14:09 25 May 2017, Charlie M. UH & 002 owner/pilot wrote:
Make the numbers matter, do a world list, I wonder if we would even

break a
dozen broken ships even worldwide.....let alone fatalities.

Open canopies probably break more gliders.

That might not help much. I have seen a schweizer hook on a tug in
the UK but not lately, I have seen lots of TOST hooks.
The other part of this was ensuring that the release in the tug is as
close as possible to the throttle, in the UK this is mandatory, mainly as
the result of a tug upset in which a good friend of mine is killed.

If there are people in gliding who are more concerned with commercial
concerns than the safety of pilots, that is a real problem. If the
problem cannot be solved voluntarily what is left.

If this is the case then goon on yer Walt, make them have it!