Old August 14th 10, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Cochrane

Default Another FLARM thread

I'm still trying to track down two flarm questions. Maybe r.a.s.
readers know the answers.

1. Does the Power-Flarm include a flight recorder? If so are there
plans to make it ICG approved? Obviously, the fact that regular flarm
also serves as an igc flight recorder is a big plus for pilots. The
various websites are silent on this issue, leading me to suspect power
flarm does not have any recorder capability. But I can't imagine they
would leave that out, or at least a non-igc recorder that can produce
an igc file.

2. What is the status for the US of the various LX flarm products? The
LX website lists all sorts of interesting licensed flarm products
http://www.lxnavigation.si/avionics/products.html
including the "mini box" the "red box", the colibri/flarm, and
displays. There are also the full fledged computers with integrated
flarm. Are these for sale in the US? Will they be? How are they
affected by FCC certification of power flarm and its frequency?

I've gotten various answers to both questions. Does anybody know?

John Cochrane