Old January 8th 04, 01:40 AM
soarski

(Chuck) wrote in message . com...
(Steve B) wrote in message . com...
Yikes...

I asked tower guy about operating out of a Class D Airport and he
mentioned something... the only part I caught was "and the Horse I
rode in on".

********
No federally funded airport may arbitrarily deny request for use.

Check with the Ultralight guys who operate from there they will know.

SO! I dug up this month old thread, where Mr. Prindle asked us before,
and we gave him advice. Not good enough?

When I was still flying a Grob Twin IIISL out of our very busy Aspen
airport, which probably does not handle as well on the ground as the
ASH 26 E, I used to do high speed taxis, fast enough so I had aileron
Control and taxi wings level!

One day I was following an executive jet on the long taxiway, who was
taxiing much slower than me. The Lady ground controller comes on and
says: Jet so and so, could you speed up your taxi, aircraft behind
you needs higher taxi speed. I had their trust and still have it!

This is a sgl. runway airport!

Kahului airport for a short time had a Stemme giving rides stationed
there. I always wanted to see the Island from above so I bought a
ride! BTW We climbed to 11500 and I said, this should be high enough
to glide to the big island? So we did, no power! Over the Pacific
listening to each other's life stories. There we climbed to 14000,
sight seeing the peak, and then...final glide to Kahului! Fine...But
the pilot did not turn on the engine before entering the pattern, and
he almost cut out an airliner, with poor radio procedures. I warned
the pilot that he could not expect to fly into that airport. Power
off!

The Operation did not last much longer! Possibly the reason why it is
so difficult to get going for you now? Do you intend to operate your
motorglider like a power plane while in th D airspace?

BTW I always enter the airspace from above!