Old February 13th 20, 08:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Munk

Default Electronic TE compensation, will this work?

I think the photo shows the back of the TE attachment fittings. I
would say the tubing has come off. Easy fix. Get drawings, drill a
hole in the side of the fin, reattach and repair the hole according
to repair manual. Would require a licensed A&P to sign off.

t 02:27 13 February 2020, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 5:23:35 PM UTC-8, Dave

Nadler wrote:
On Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 4:07:53 PM UTC-5,

soaringjac wrote:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/wu5LUibL2KpF9eWZ6
I have no idea what im looking at...

=20
Clearly a Dr. Who rerun.

Attack of the o-ring men?
The Three o-rings?

---

It's likely an o-ring. But so what. Looking in the hole may not tell

you
mu=
ch, well not from a single photo.

Again, take this to an experienced glider A&P and get help.

Especially
beca=
use you are working on a type certificated aircraft and I am

guessing you
a=
re not qualified to. A competent glider A&P will be able to

determine
exact=
ly what is going on, what's leaking or cross leaking and then

spend time
tr=
ying to find out where. They should be very experienced at

trying to work
o=
ut if it's a faulty o-ring or probe or mount connection, or

whatever and
ha=
ve the right tools to pick out and replace o-rings. maybe correct

o-rings
o=
n hand, able to cut out and replace the probe mount if that is

needed,
etc.=
etc. etc.

You fix problems by fixing them, ideas of leaving TE lines faulty

and
tryin=
g to use them as static are a waste of your time. "running out of

time" is
=
the entirely wrong attitude here.=20