Old April 26th 04, 04:04 PM
Thomas Borchert

Dude,

I have read many of your posts, and consider you bright and well informed.

Why, thanks! ;-)

It is only the risk involved in USING the plane that we are discussing here.
The risk of OWNING the plane would be more of a financial issue. I don't
much about Mr. Colins, but he seems to be stretching on this one.

You know, I agree. The problem, as we all know, of course, is that there is no
reliable count of hours flown. So anyone can amssage the numbers anyway he or
she likes. i still take strong objection to statements like "falling out of
the sky". That's BS any way you look at the numbers.

There is a case to be made that Cirrus as a company has done a lot to
rejuvenate general aviation, and that by hammering them we are only creating
an environment where other innovators will just be scared away.

Yes, I think that many pilots do tend to do that - while at the same time
clamoring for innovation.

I think that this forum would be a good place to get the facts straight
though. We have better alternatives - Diamond and Lancair.

Well, there are hardly any Lancairs flying, so in that case we really don't
have any numbers to go by, I would say. And the Diamond has a great record -
but hey, it's from Old Europe, so an all-American GA pilot can't well buy that
crap now, can he? (yes, that was irony, but a lot of truth in it for some
people...)

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)