Old September 28th 04, 02:04 AM
C J Campbell

"Stefan" wrote in message
Jay Honeck wrote:

What don't I know (as a college grad with a minor in history) about

Fascism
and Islam?

I really would like to, but I fear it's too complex for usenet.

To understand fascism, and why it was so successful in the thirties, you
need to have a thorough understanding of the situation in Europe at that
time (mental, political and economical) ans how it developed. Fascism
didn't drop from the sky (as didn't terrorism, btw.) but evolved over
decades as result of a complex reality. (Actually, this shouldn't
surprize anybody.) To understand, you need to read many sources, to try
to really go into people of that time ... which is difficult half a
centruy later, let alone for a non-European. Get me right, I don't blame
you if you're not willing to spend the effort (rather go flying!), but
then please be careful with the word fascism. All I can say is when you
find a book that breaks down fascism to three or four principles, it
must be wrong. It's more comlpex than the hollywood films about WWII.

Your definition of Fascism is so narrow that it no longer exists, nor is it
anywhere near generally accepted definitions.