Old July 20th 05, 07:29 PM
Maule Driver

And I've started saying all that twice, slowly, "Flight Watch Flight
Watch, Maule N-1-2-3-4-F, 20 miles south Bonkers VOR, 20 mile south
Bonkers, destination RDU"

I heard someone do that and started myself. Can't justify it all but
makes some sense.

Anyway, I just try to switch gears from talking to ATC. FW can be
slower, more conversational, etc. But the location thing is key.

Comments?

Alan wrote:
Wholeheartedly agree! It saves a lot of time and multiple exchanges
if on your first contact you state your N number, position, altitude
and request. Granted it does take a little planning and forethought
which is beyond many people.